Westmeath's Dermot Farrell is now asking priests to wait until the services are permitted by the Government.
The Archbishop of Dublin has changed his advice to parishes regarding the celebration of First Holy Communion and Confirmations.
Archbishop Dermot Farrell is now asking priests to follow public health guidelines, and wait until the services are permitted by the Government.
Speaking at Dublin's Pro Cathedral yesterday evening, Archbishop of Dublin and Westmeath's Dermot Farrell said the ban on sacraments for children has been a source of deep frustration to many families, and understands the resentment of those who feel that the public guidelines are unfair and discriminatory.
Earlier this week, Archbishop Farrell, followed a number of Bishops in announcing that Communion and Confirmations will go ahead in their parishes, against Government public health advice.
However, Archbishop Dermot Farrell is now asking priests to follow public health guidelines and wait until September before going ahead with the services, following an updated timeline on the resumption of the sacraments from the Government.
On Friday, the Cabinet Sub-Committee on Covid-19 met and said it planned to write to senior leaders in the church -paving the way for communions and confirmations to resume in September, subject to the situation at that stage.
Vintage Pop Up Shop To Open During Electric Picnic
Laois Community Choir Group Grows To 100 Members Two Years After Launch
New Customs Charges To Hit Midlands Online Shoppers From November
Laois Manor Owner Says County Could Become Music Festival Hotspot
House Prices Rise 5.6% As Midlands Markets Show Mixed Trends
TikTok Called Before Media Committee Over Dangerous Driving Content
Uisce Eireann Working To Restore Water Supply In Westmeath
The Siege Of Jadotville Talk To Be Held This Evening